You hear it all the time – you have to be active on social media. 😱 It is THEEE place to connect with your customers. But there are so many platforms – Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and others. How do I know which one is right for me ❓❓❓
Each week in August, we will be chatting about the nitty-gritty on a different platform.
And this week – it’s everything you always wanted to know about Facebook, Facebook Live, and Facebook Stories. 😀🙌
You may feel like social media is overwhelming or takes too much time or really doesn’t bring in more sales.
Well, you are in luck. I’m going to debunk all those myths this week about Facebook! 👏👏👏
So, during the month of August, we are going to be chatting about a new social media channel each week.
Why is social media relevant today?
- It helps you connect to your customers. Did you know there are 3 billion + people on social media around the world? That is a lot of people and clearly it’s not a passing trend.
- Social Media will increase awareness of your brand. If people don’t know about you, then they can’t become your customers. It’s going to allow you to reach more people and faster! It’s part of the touch points in the sales process. Remember, these days, it takes 9-11 touches for someone to reach out for more information. Social media helps with that process and can shorten the timeline.
- It’s going to help you communicate authority in your market. People want to know that you know your stuff. They are looking at your social media platforms to find out more about your business. The more you share your expertise, the quicker that sales cycle can be. So don’t be afraid to share all those little tips in your head!
- It’s going to encourage engagement – which is one of the main points of social media, right? People want to chat with you and your brand. It’s how they build rapport with you. If you aren’t posting, you aren’t giving them the opportunity to engage and learn about you.
- Ultimately, you will increase leads and sales when you are active on social media. I’ll show you how to do that with Facebook this week.
My favorite tips to be successful
- You have to be active. Social media is about being social. It’s common for people to come to me and say “Here – you just do it all. I don’t like social media.” That’s great, you can outsource, but you have to be active too. We give our clients a list every week of things we need them to do on social media (and we manage the posting). If you are working with an outsourced social media company, ask them about that too.
- Don’t make it all about you. If you want people to listen, you have to answer their questions, speak to them, make them feel heard. If you are only talking about what you are selling and not providing value, people won’t listen and will unfollow you.
- Use a variety of different mediums. This is why I love repurposing content so much. It makes it easy to create blog posts, newsletters, and social media posts using the same content. If you want to learn more about how we do this, check out the Multiply Your Message Blueprint. The next round is starting this month!
- Be consistent with your brand. Whatever platform people visit, it should look and feel the same across all of them. Use the same voice, colors, fonts, message, etc. so you are cohesive
So, Why Facebook?
Here are a few of my favorite reasons:
- 2.23 Billion Monthly Active Users. That’s a lot of people.
- 1 million links are shared every 20 minutes. Think about that and the amount of content that your audience is seeing each day.
- 25% of users are ages 25-34.
- You need a presence on Facebook – even if it’s not the main focus of your marketing plan – you need to have a presence there. Facebook does help your SEO rankings.
How often should you post? The magic number – post daily to start. But, watch your analytics to see what your audience responds to. Sometimes it works better for your page if you do more and sometimes less.
For example, I don’t need to post every day to Facebook, as long as I’m doing FB live. On the weeks I miss my live video, then I have to post daily to keep traction with the algorithm. Keep in mind – I figured this out over TIME. Post consistently for a month and then see where you need to adjust.
More than anything – consistency is the most important.
How often should you post? The magic number – weekly.
But if you are just starting out or getting comfortable with video, then start with 1-2x/month and work your way into weekly. Practice makes perfect, so the more you do it, the better you will become. I started by video chatting with my family to get comfier.
Facebook Live is still the best way to increase your rank in the algorithm. Facebook still gives preferential treatment to those using Facebook Live regularly. So the more you do it, the more Facebook likes you. 🙂
Why I love Facebook Stories:
- 150 million daily active users
- Best opportunity to grow engagement, build brand awareness, & strengthen relationships
- Prime Real Estate – it’s at the top of the feed
So what should you post? Here are some of my favorite ideas:
- New blog posts
- Important updates and announcements
- Interactive content – questions, polls, fundraiser
- Behind the scenes
- Big projects
- Team highlights
- Client testimonials
How often should you post? The magic number – daily. But again, if you are just starting, work your way into it. Start with 3-5x/week.
There are a lot of different opinions about the best way to manage social media. These are my opinions and what works best for my clients.